How to Sign Up for Our Tour
【About The Tour】
- The purpose of this tour is to show you the very essence of Butsudan, the Japanese Buddhist altar which has been a big part of Japanese life and culture. The tour also offers a hands-on experience of the crafting process, during which you can create a wonderful souvenir for yourself.
- An interpreter (English) will guide you throughout the tour
- You will visit one of three craftsmen’s shops: gold-leafing, ornament fitting or lacquering. Choose your favorite shop to visit as long as the shop’s craftsman is available at the time of your tour.
- Then, for your hands-on workshop, you will again have three options to choose from: gold-leafing, lacquered chopsticks, or Makie gold powdering. Please note: workshop choices may be limited depending on our craftsmen’s availability on the day of your tour.
- To begin your tour, we will first walk to your selected craftsman’s shop; gold leafing, ornament fitting or lacquering. The walk takes about 1 min, 5 min or 10 min, respectively.
- We are closed on every Tuesday, New Year’s holidays, Bon summer holidays (in mid Aug), and ‘Golden Week’ holidays (in beg of May). For more information, please contact us.
- We will not be held responsible for personal accidents or injuries incurred during the tour.
|13:00～13:30||Please arrive by 1:30 pm. (parking available)|
|13:30～13:45||Introduction to Butsudan crafts|
|13:45～14:30||Walk to one of three craftsmen s shops (gold-leafing, lacquering, & ornaments) and watch their work|
|14:30～15:30||Workshop of your chosen craft (options: gold leafing, makie gold powdering, or lacquered chopsticks).|
|15:30～||Conclusion. If you have time, please join usafterward for some tea and friendly conversation.|
|No. of Participants||Rate per Person||Total Rate After Tax||In US Dollars
(1 USD=100 JPY)
Note: For a group of 11 participants or more, please inquire about rates via the Contact Form.
- The above is the flow of application process.
- An application form (no.2 above) must be submitted 1 week before your preferred tour date.
Fill out all required fields on the form. Click ‘Confirm’ button and check your input information. If everything is correct, then click ‘Send’ button to complete the form.
You will receive our confirmation email as soon as we schedule your tour on our calendar.
Soon after our confirmation, you will receive an invoice from PayPal requesting initial deposit payment for 1/2 of the total amount. Follow the link in this email and pay the deposit amount via PayPal. The payment must be done within 48 hours after you receive this notice.
As soon as we confirm your payment, we will send you a thank-you-for-payment email. Please print this out and bring with you, or show us on your mobile device upon your arrival.
- Please note the process WILL NOT be completed until you receive our thank-you-for-payment email.
- We currently only accept payments via PayPal. Customers without a PayPal account can create a new account easily via PayPal registration here.
- You will pay 1/2 of the total amount at the time of application as a deposit. Please pay the remaining 1/2 by cash in JPY, or major credit card at the time of your arrival. China UnionPay (中国銀聯) is not accepted.
- For any other questions, please contact us via Contact Form.
- If you are a tour company and would like to contact us, please leave us a message via the separate Contact Form for Travel Agencies page.
【Rescheduling / Cancellation Policy】
- If you have a rescheduling request, please inform us 24 hours prior to your appointment. Any change after this period will be considered as a cancellation of the existing booking, and no deposit will be returned.
- In case of rescheduling, please email us with your preferred reschedule date at email@example.com. After receiving your request, we will check our availability and let you know as soon as possible. If no appointment time is open, we will return your deposit via PayPal.
- For a cancellation request, please email us at least 48 hours before your appointment. We will return your deposit via PayPal. Requests made less than 48 hours prior to appointment cannot be refunded.